9.07.2008

Weekend Update and Link Love 9.7.08

We're thrifters.

We buy thrift store clothes and cruise garage sales for kids clothes. It's rare that we spend money on new clothes. Why pay full price when Goodwill has it for 3 bucks?

My 10 year old daughter recently got some cash as a gift, with the understanding that she could get some new clothes for a wedding that's coming up. She said that because the clothes she liked best came from the Limited and Old Navy, she wanted me to take her shopping at both places.

Here's this green kid, raised by crunchy parents, asking to go shopping at the mall.

Whoah.

She's making her own choices, and we have to be good with that. We can't make every choice for her. We trust that the parenting we've done is good guidance for her, and we trust the morals and principles we taught to her.

It's still hard to let go, even on a small scale.

Weekend Update and Link Love

I've posted articles elsewhere on the interweb:
Today I felt slow and old and sluggish, so I got out my speed rope and spun for awhile. That jazzed me so much that I worked out, and now I feel great. Yet another reminder to keep moving.


No, it's not flesh. It's a slice of plum left on the table outside for several days. Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.